About Me: I am a trainee hair and makeup artist for tv and film. I am also the first BAFTA Prince William scholarship recipient. Prior to my time at The Iver Makeup Academy I freelanced for almost 3 years and worked at MAC part time. I used to do Male grooming for Craig David and have experience of working in music videos, photo shoots and also bridal/special occasion makeup. Since graduating I was the main unit trainee on James Bond ‘No Time To Die’ and have designed makeup for a charity pantomime at the Harold Pinter Theatre. I am confident and capable at braiding and styling/maintaining natural Afro hair and am looking to train at a local barber shop in the new year.
Daily Trainee | Batman - feature film 5th & 6th January 2020
Hair/Makeup Daily| ‘Fillmore’ feature film| 5th & 7th December 2019
Hired specifically to put braid extensions into wigs.
Makeup Daily| Coldplay ‘Cry, Cry, Cry’ Music Video | 14th November 2019 – 15th November 2019
Lead makeup artist | Harold Pinter Theatre | 1st November 2019 – 6th November 2019
Lead makeup artist for a short pantomime with 23 characters and 6 assistants.
• Interpreting the brief and creating looks
• Demonstrating the looks to the team
• Establishing and managing continuity of characters
• Providing consumables
• Scheduling makeup call time and assigning artists
• Coordinating payments and liaising with the production team.
Trainee | James Bond ‘No Time To Die’ | May 13th 2019 – 25th October 2019
I was the trainee for the main unit for 5months under designer Daniel Phillips and supervisor Pippa Woods I was responsible for a cast member on set and also looked after a Lashana Lynch’s stunt double. My duties in the role included:
• Prepping for makeup call times - learning the face charts and ensuring makeup is laid out, placing out continuity pictures and filing any changes, general assistance during the call
• Learning colleague requirements and anticipating their needs – making catering runs
• General administration- stock control, raising P.O. No’s and filling out petty cash forms, shopping runs offsite, creating a simplified list of weekly cast to be made up, covering doubles and stunts on set, inventory and organising stock when travelling to location
• Makeup jobs - blocking and cleaning wigs, colouring bald caps for stunt doubles, braiding hair for stunt double and wig application, cleaning brushes, replenishing solvents
For the last month I was a crowd room trainee under crowd room supervisor Andrea Cracknell. I was the lead trainee on days where we had up to 300 supporting artists, my duties here included the following:
• Setting up the room - laying out spaces, stock, wigs etc
• Assisting with fittings – making up SA’s, photographing, printing and filing images for reference
• Liaising with departments – accounts, locations, AD’s, Main unit makeup, costume, props to coordinate efforts
• Helping to run the call – taking pictures of established looks for continuity and filing them, laying out pieces and accessories and packing them away, ensuring teas coffee and breakfasts are organised, checking stock levels, assisting with makeup and hair
• Attending set shifts – making catering runs, running products from base to set, helping with checks
Trainee | Tony and Guy | Feb 22nd 2019 – April 12th 2019
I am most proficient at styling natural Afro hair so secured temporary part time work to be better at styling straight hair.
Retail Artist | MAC | August 2016 – May 2019
Key Makeup Achievements
• Makeup and Hair – Diamond Platnumz feat. Miri Ben Ari – “Baila” music video
• Male Grooming – Craig David ‘Magic’ Music video
• Male Grooming – Craig David Cover shoot and feature – NME Magazine
• Male grooming - Craig David feat. Bastille ‘I Know You’ Music video
• Male grooming - Craig David promotion video for ‘The Time Is Now’ Album
VVIP Event Officer | Imperial College London | Oct 2015 – July 2016
After successful execution of two VIP events, the first for Prince Andrew, Duke of York and another for President Xi Jinping of China my contract was extended. To date the variety of events I have worked on and been recognised for also include:
• VIP and corporate events hosted by the President of the University
• External events and project management of events for other departments including the 1st ever Business School Conference and the Great year of Education Lunch for the Foreign Office
• Personally honoured by HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York for coordinating his event.
• Honoured by the University for my overall management and consultation of the Business school’s Conference.
Various Roles | Reevoo, LONDON |Feb 2012 – August 2015
Reevoo is a software company that collects ratings and reviews from their clients’ customers.
• Events and Campaigns Coordinator (Sept 2014 – August 2015)
• Partner Account Manager (July 2013 – Sept 2014)
• Business Development executive (Feb 2012 - July 2013)
Assistant Language Teacher | Hirosaki Board of Education, JAPAN |Aug 2009 – Aug 2011
Based in Japan as a high school teaching assistant, I was also elected to be the Regional Representative in my City. Part of a team that coordinated orientation for 200+ new ALT’s and organised a programme of events within strict budgets and timelines.
Key achievement – Worked with the municipal board to redeploy remaining teachers following the 2011 tsunami to fill vacancies at affected schools.
Years of Experience
Sept 2018 – April 2019 London, UK The Iver Makeup Academy
Awarded the BAFTA Prince William Scholarship to study Advanced Certificate in Makeup and Hair Artistry
• TV and film make-up & hair
• Facial hair application
• Character, SFX and prosthetic application
• Period make-up, hair and wig work
• Body make-up
• Theatre and performing arts
• Hairdressing and barbering
• Further prosthetics
• Comprehensive airbrushing
• Advanced beauty and fashion make-up & hair
• Advanced Hair Artistry
Diploma in Event Management for Marketing – CIM accredited | Ashdown Academy, MERIT, (2014)
BSc (Hons) Business Management and Marketing 2:1 | Brunel University (2005 – 2009)
A level: Business, Law, Performing Arts | Sir George Monoux College, Walthamstow (2003 – 2004)