The Iver Make Up Academy And Nfts (National Film & Television School)
Monday, January 9, 2017
The Iver Academy is proud of it’s partnership with the National Film and Television School over in Beaconsfield, Bucks. Open since 1971 the NFTS now has some 220 full time students with many short and part time courses available also.
The courses there are led by professionals with extensive and current industry experience in all major skills for film and television. It is the only UK film school with its own film and television studios and post production facilities.
The students there make over 100 films a year and are of course in need of hair and make up artists which is where The Iver Academy students and graduates come in! Several of our students have worked on projects there from short films to adverts.
Notable alumni have included –
- Yann Demange 2006 graduate – DIRECTOR OF ’71, TOP BOY, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, DEAD SET.
- Dario Marianelli 1997 graduate – COMPOSER OF ANNA KARENINA, ATONEMENT, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.
- Lynne Ramsey 1995 graduate – DIRECTOR OF WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, MORVERN CALLAR, RATCATCHER.
- Nick Park – 1985 graduate – CREATOR/DIRECTOR OF OSCAR-WINNING WALLACE AND GROMIT SHORTS AND FEATURES.
- David Yates – 1992 graduate – DIRECTOR OF FOUR HARRY POTTER FILMS INCLUDING HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.
- Roger Deakins 1975 graduate – DOP OF 007: SKYFALL, TRUE GRIT, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.